Table of Contents
Reflux - Minimalist Link Blogging Engine (MLBE)
Distributed under GNU GPL license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license
Reflux is a minimalist Link Blog Engine written in php that provides a simple and efficient way to store, manage and organise bookmarks online. Links can be classified by date, category and by user rating itself, which allows to store bookmarks by prefference order.
- Light Engine : approx 2ms to load a page
- CSS simple and clear display
- Category filtering : displays your favorite Links per category
- RSS 2.0 ready
- Create new link with a single click
Download Reflux Beta 2
- Beta 1
- Initial release
- Beta 2
- added RSS2.0 feed - W3C validated
- added Creation of a new link with one bookmark click
- added new items to the Setup menu
- corrected minor css / html bugs.
- Extract the .zip file in your reflux folder. Be sure to set CHMOD properties so that install script can create folders and files.
- go to your web browser, in your reflux folder, and reach install.php
- let it create the DB and files for you
- choose your admin login and password. These will be used to add and edit links and categories. click on “create admin”
- once the script is completed, delete install.php in your Reflux folder
- go to your reflux folder in your browser, you're good to go
A link, called a “Flux”, is composed of the following elements:
- Item Link : A Bookmark
- Title : Title of the Flux
- Source : Site where the link has been gathered (optionnal)
- Category : Classification of the Link
- Weight : Link “weight”, allowing user to classify Links by importance
- New : Create a new Flux
- Edit : Edit or Delete a Flux
- Search : Search a string among FLux Titles
- Click on a category in the right frame to display Flux by weight on this specific category
- Setup : Admin services
- Edit and Create Categories on the fly. Deletion requires to tick the box for foolproofing purpose
- Create a “Instant Flux” bookmark on your browser that allows to create a new flux entry with one single click
- config.php is detailed, edit this file to update your Reflux description.
- The concept : inspired by the awesome&powerfull shaarli project. See explanations below.
- The DB : ChaozDB Flat File DB engine. Completely KISS, and effective.
- The CSS : Twitter Bootstrap engine. Effective and simple to use.
This project started while trying to answer a friend's question : what are your 10 favorites electronics and DIY websites?
This question is : “what are your sources?”
I already manage my bookmarks online by using the powerfull and extremely functionnal Shaarli engine, but I was in the need of being able to rate the bookmarks, in order to easily recall bookmarks by preference.
In itslef, a single click in Reflux classifies Links by pertinence for each category: the answer to the source question is one click away.
This represented also a good starting point for a the Web enthusiast I am, that close to never touched any php and css before this project.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. A