Table of Contents
Minimalist LFO Design
This LFO is 2.5*5cm big and provides a powerfull, gate triggable LFO to any of your design. Just plug in a 5V and watch the monitoring LED glow as your 0↔5V LFO is fed to your favourite synth. Here's the design !
This LFO has the following characteristics :
- Output swing from 0 to 4.8V
- Frequency from 0.5 to 10Hz
- Faded LED to visualise the LFO State
- Reset on the rising edge of a 5V Gate signal
- Low component count
V1.0 - 05/02/2013
The LFO is based on an ATTiny45/85 microcontroller.
- Analog Input on Pin 3 reads the “Rate” control, voltage from 0 to 5V
- Triangle Waveform LFO Waveform is generated by the Microcontroller
- LFO Output on Pin 5 (PWM Fast Mode) is filtered by R1/C1 to generate the 0-5V peak Triangle output
- AMP control potentiometer controls the amplitude of the LFO Output
- LED brightness is controlled by PWM as well
The Miniature 2.5x5cm PCB allows this LFO to be integrated in any design. Board connector is as follows :
- 1: 5V
- 2: Gate
- 3: GND
- 4: LFO Output
Made with Eagle CAD Free version. Download : lfo.zip
Programmed using Arduino IDE for ATTiny mod. SW is currently under dev. Working demonstrator on breadboard, formal release “when ready”.
minimalist_lfo.txt · Last modified: 2018/08/26 11:36 by 127.0.0.1